Wednesday 5 August 2015

Watch out daughter, am the Author and the Finisher

In such technologically driven world
Christianity is overwhelmed
Motivational speaking takes the center stage
While the sWORD has been shifted off the focus

But Daddy God has a way 
Of pulling drawing us back 
To the Master Piece
To the life manual or better still
A life jacket for the storms of life
(No that doesn't illustrate the essence of the Word)

It is the very breath of life
Without which we are dead
Grouping in the dark 
Tossed about by every FB personal opinion
Or Whatzapp messages
Or Nairaland news

Sniffing life out of God's image
Believing in conformity
Instead of seeking to be
Transformed by the word

I struggle to find a balance
Staying informed about current affairs
Yet hearing from my father
The infallible word

Boldly inscribed in the Word
Look unto Jesus
Author and Finisher of Faith

How often I let Jesus author my faith
Then let doubts,opinions,noises,great suggestions
Drown the voice of the Master Jesus
Becoming the finisher of my faith

In mercy am redeemed, in love restored 
Not just me but all of God's wandering children
To the author and finisher of my faith

Looking unto Jesus....Heb 12:1-2








No comments:

Post a Comment