Wednesday 1 June 2011

Hands off! mould as it seems best...dear Potter

I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him(Jer 18:3-4)MSG

The marred pot was certainly me
Telling God exactly where I crave his pre-eminence in my life
Drawing a bold RED boundary line on those aspects of my life it seems I could handle.
Emphasizing the 'no-go areas' as often as I could

Yet all those drama happened while I was in the Potter's hands.

Couldn't He drop the stubborn clay and pick yet another willing and recklessly abandoned one that would allow thorough moulding in few minutes?Why didn't he give up on me after so many years of stubborness and self-will?

Waoh! this potter is different,He sees the good in this self-willed clay.
Potter says ‘Don’t destroy it, there is still a blessing in it'(Isaiah 65:8b)MSG

Just then,I looked into my patient Potter's eyes,so full of love,graciousness and expectation;hoping I see what He sees and allow Him mould me as it seems best to Him...
Slowly,I sighed from my restlessness as I let go in absolute surrenderedness and childlike trust.
Forgetting my worldly wisdom and fantasies to be carved with curves and shapes in appropriate places
I yielded to the Potter and He's making the best out of 'T-clay'
I have never experienced so much joy,peace and refreshing calmness just leaning on Him and allowing my Potter make the best out of His master-piece.I am loving every bit of the reform and transformation..

Guess what! The best news ever.. I am being re-moulded into the Potters very own image.

Are you still restlessly dictating to the Potter?why not let Him have His way today?You will realise He's got the best taste ever and more...
Let Him mould you as he seems best to Him dearie.

3 comments:

  1. Very well put T,
    I so very often forget that He is the Potter and not me. I sure know His taste is by way the best ever. My happiest moments have been when I trusted Him and as always He WOWs me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true and real!!! Av been so stubborn and i guess he laffs it off when i seem to know too much. Thanks tt for putting it in perspective...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thx Darlyn and Jj...may the potter keep moulding us all.miss u guys

    ReplyDelete